Monday, December 10, 2012

Clothing Refashion: My Ugly Curtain Dress

Once upon a time (well, last year), I went thrift shopping late in the season for an ugly xmas sweater. Having missed the boat, I instead ended up with this thing:

{oi, no wonder it stayed in my closet for a year}

I know, I know...it's not the most attractive material. That's why I bought it for an ugly xmas sweater party. It looks like some retro kind of upholstery. Last year, I just didn't have the time or sewing machine needed to make it wearable before the party. Thought I'd give it a shot this year!

I took in the sides and under the arms and shortened the sleeves. Here's what I came up with...in action:

{girls photo taken by my friend Emily}


{boots! in another awesome photo by Emily}


{chillin' in the background w/my wine. photo by Emily}



{group photos are the best from our camera}


{adorbs, no?}

I kept imagining this scene from The Carol Burnett Show in which Carol Burnett plays a broke Scarlett O'Hara, descending the staircase at Tara, dressed in the curtains. 

source
My green dress turned out fairly well; I just think it's in the way I paired it with other items that kept it from totally looking as though I was dressed in curtains. My friends offered loads of compliments and even two offers to take the dress later on :)

Jes

PS--Look what I learned to do:

{Cat Eye--woohoo!}


{not bad for my first attempt, huh?}



3 comments:

  1. Okay, that thing doesn't even resemble what it first looks like after you do some magic on it... I love it! And whoohoo for the cat eye... Tutoriiaalll!!!

    Love your blog and can't wait to follow along!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new activation system, called Volume Activation (VA) requires
    the use of a special Multiple Activation Key (MAK) or a Key Management Server (KMS).
    Erik van den Dolder, a blond with a receeding forehead likes to attend the Airbus-meetings in his Harley Davidson, and speaks English and German with a soft Dutch accent,
    said that he was working with Samuel in the same US firm and both were unhappy about the US products because they were old, not innovative, despite the fact that there was a big European market out there,
    waiting to be conquered. For errors such as 0x - C004F074 the computer system cannot be activated as the key management system is absent
    or cannot be contacted.

    Take a look at my website: windows 7 activator

    ReplyDelete